Monday, January 20, 2014

New Kitchen Faucet!

I had something pretty get installed on the weekend!


I got a Moen Boutique faucet with a pull-down sprayer as Christmas gift this year and I have been sooo excited to get it installed (I had a very builder-basic ugly faucet before). However my poor dad got the flu right after Christmas so he wasn't able to help me install it before this past weekend.

My Dad and brother both have the exact same faucet so my Dad brought him around too since they are now experts are installing these babies. They also brought along my 2 year old niece, since my sister in law was working that day. Dad and Luke were in charge of the faucet install and Maddy and I were in charge of counting the wrenches. #Teamwork


The guys got it installed in under an hour- including installing the soap pump. My sink used to have a separate vegetable sprayer so the extra hole was already there. I wavered on whether to put handsoap or dish soap in there but I ended up going with dish soap. Now I have to get into the habit of washing in the right sink vs the left!






I can't do any wider shots of the kitchen right now because the countertops look like this!


Oh my! But I am leaving it all up there because the white plastic piping under the sink needs to be securely anchored to the wall (the old faucet pipes gave support that the new ones seem to lack). So I don't want to put everything back only to clear it out again. I will pick up some anchors this week! For now, Luke just tied it all onto the pipes to support it.


I think my kitchen looks amazing with the new faucet! What a difference it makes!! I almost don't want to post a before picture because the old one is so blah. But here you go!

Before


Thank you Dad and Luke (and Maddy) for coming all the way out here to install it for me!!!

24 comments:

  1. LOVE! I just had a new faucet installed a few months ago, I can totally attest to how life altering it is! LOL:) enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I could really use to do the same thing especially since you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! We got a new faucet in our kitchen as well, and I'm amazed at how it updated the look of our kitchen! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar faucet and I just love it! It really changes the look of the kitchen to give it a more modern feel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty! What an improvement. So jealous of your sprayer...I cannot wait until we redo our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sprayer is amazing. I wash my hair in the sink with it. hahaha

      Delete
  6. Oooo, look at you with your fancy goose-neck faucet! Love! You're doing it right by upgrading the kitchen and bathroom - that's where you get the best return on investment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when the faucet is a gift! Free upgrade for me! :)

      Delete
  7. Nice colour. Does the lever hit the backsplash when you turn it?

    Cathy Haley upwithfurniture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Nope, it only moved forward, not backward. Upright is hot and down is cold

      Delete
  8. So very pretty! We also have a faucet with one handle and a pull down spout, and I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky You! I keep saying I want a new faucet, but there are so many things I don't like about my kitchen I've never seriously gone looking. I like yours though, so maybe this spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you ever change your kitchen, you can just design it around the faucet so why wait?? It really makes a huge impact

      Delete
  10. We have something similar and you're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice indeed! I opted to not have the soap dispenser (I wanted everything clean and sleek) and I soooo regret it!!! It forces me to have another bottle on the counter. Who was I kidding.. like I was constantly going to put it away and take it out? Silly girl...

    Great job!
    Natalie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Casey--I'm loving that faucet! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes its the details that make all the difference! I bet you're going to get a little thrill each time you turn on the water!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover