Monday, April 21, 2014

Casey Gets Fit: Week 8

Current Weight: 158 (down 7 lbs overall)
BMI: 24.7

It is soo frustrating to lose weight sometimes. It happens slowly (unless you go all crazy on veggies and exercise, but I prefer to enjoy life while I lose the weight- and I hope to be able to keep it off easier by doing it this way!). I really really want to hit 155 and knowing it will probably take a MONTH to drop that 3 pounds can be depressing.

However, it is pretty fun to know I will get there, even if it takes time. Because I have a plan. A woman my height needs roughly 1800-2000 calories per day to maintain weight (this number really differs depending on where you look). A pound is roughly equal to 3500 calories. So by removing 500 calories per day I can expect to lose a pound a week. This is how my calorie counting app on my phone works and I have been working hard to stick to it and I am seeing roughly a pound lost per week! SCIENCE!

This week will be tough, because a certain Mr. E.B. showed up this weekend:

That Oh Henry bar is totally missing already. Mwahaha

But my diet plan is very simple- 1400 calories per day passes my mouth (maybe a touch more if I have had a really tough workout). That is all it is. So chocolates CAN be eaten, but I just need to watch out because if I eat too many there will be no calories left for dinner! I have been following this plan really well for 2 months now and it is so easy to follow because I do not deny myself anything- I have KD, pizza, chocolate, ice cream etc. I just watch the quantity and weigh my options when selecting something higher calorie. 

I think just jumping into "I will start my diet today" just doesn't work! You need a plan and you need to work hard to stick to it in the first few weeks while you make it a habit. I now track my calories and calculate my room for treat food without even thinking about it. 

Now excuse me while I figure out how much of that chocolate bunny I can eat today...

13 comments:

  1. Casey, first let me congratulate you on your progress. We, the EBC (EB Corporation) strive to support our customers needs. One example of this is the support we provide for eating a choc. rabbit for the calorie-minded: ears, butt, face, and torso. Should you find that the chocolate cannot fit into your daily diet you may return it (however, we regret that there is no cash value) for a smile.

    I notice that you also found the gift cards that we hid. This is another example of our changing service: now you can buy the chocolate of your choice!

    See you next year!

    E.B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EB! I am pretty sure I can find a way to buy chocolate with each of my new gift cards!

      Delete
  2. Great post, Casey!

    I couldn't agree with you more about your decision to not deny yourself anything and losing a pound a week is an excellent goal.

    I took the same approach about two years ago with the addition of counting how many steps I walk in a day (as a means to increase daily exercise) and I'm very happy with the results.

    All the best for your journey!

    P.S. Apparently you have friends in high places (E.B.). How cool is that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been running too!! Ive booked some races throughout the next few months to keep me on track

      Delete
  3. Is that an Archie comic I see?! I used to be OBSESSED when I was younger and my mom sent me some in my stocking for Christmas this year and I was super pumped about it. So your E.B is doing things right if that was included in your goodies.

    I have been eating all weekend long and I have been tracking nothing. I know I've been way over my calorie limit every day. I'm scared to see what the scale is doing...but, back on the bandwagon tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time EB has left an archie, but Santa always delivers the Riverdale goods!! :)

      Delete
  4. Healthy eating totally went out the window for me on Sunday. So much good stuff in the house!! I love the way you "diet" - it seems much more do-able than other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're doing great Casey! Good luck with your plan! My theory this weekend was that jellybeans have fewer calories than chocolate... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, they say a good sign of a healthy meal is lots of colour on the plate! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi friend! I'm catching up on my blogs today (it's been a looooong while!)

    I'm so happy to hear about your progress! I've also started working out consistently and watching what I eat for about 2 months now. And I totally feel ya- the weight is coming off SO SLOW!

    But slower is better for me because it's all about the little changes I can live with for life. What app are you using? I use a website that has free nutrition/fitness advice (overseen by nutritionists and certified trainers) and it's been really motivating so far! They also have an app so it's nice to be able to access it when I'm on the go.

    Congrats on your progress! You'll drop those 3 pounds in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using My Fitness Pal to track calories and RunKeeper to track my exercise (it links the calories burnt to MFP, which is awesome).

      Congrats on your life changes as well! It is so much easy once you get into the habit of watching what you eat!

      Delete
  7. I feel off of the wagon about 2 years ago... that stupid wagon keeps going by and running me over! Time to try and grab a hold this time I think. Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover