Friday, June 13, 2014

Project Block

You might have noticed that I don't post as much as I used to. When I started this blog I used to post 5 days a week- sometimes more! And then about a year ago it became 4-5 posts. Then 4. Now it seems like a good week if I get 3 posts out.

I feel like I have run out of creativity. I am loving my condo's look right now and I have a handful of projects that I would still like to complete- but they are bigger projects that require materials and time and I don't seem to be able to get them done. Part lazy, part lack of time. I am super busy right now with boot camp two evenings a week and Cam lives pretty far so I only get to see him on weekends and I don't feel like working on things when he is over. Also, the weather is so nice after such a long winter so I want to be outside, not working on things inside (darn lack of a backyard).

I know things will eventually ramp up. My crafting/painting/whatever mojo will come raring back and no surface in my home will be safe. Not to mention I am still seriously considering selling and moving to a 1 bedroom condo in the fall, which will mean a whole new place to get my hands on and decorate. Oh and for the record- this blog makes negative money so I am not silly enough to move my home just to create new content. Does anyone else feel some big bloggers do that?? I still have lots of research and saving to do before I will be ready to sell. I am still lost on whether to sell or buy first and I need to talk to my bank about financing. However my summer is really busy and I have two big expenses coming up (new wig and trip to Iceland), so I am in no rush to get into the real estate game.

Where am I going with this? I have no idea. Life is really good right now and I am just in a good, laid back mood while I enjoy it. Though, not really laid back physically because those boot camp classes are kicking my butt. Some days I feel like just doing a bunch of lifestyle posts, but I really don't think my life is that exciting to anyone, so I've been trying to just do that on Mondays with my diet update.

What do you guys think? Have you ever hit this point in your blogging experience?

PS- it's Friday the 13th AND a full moon today- good luck to us all! :P

4 comments:

  1. I had definitely noticed your lack of posting lately but figured you were just busy with life. It happens. I lose motivation with my blog sometimes too and feel like I have nothing good to post about and that I must be boring my readers half to death. Right now I'm in a blog slump but am trying to work my way through it. I have a house and a yard to work on but not much money to do any projects, so that's why I'm at a standstill.

    I vote for just taking it as it comes, writing when you feel like it but not forcing yourself to. I'll still be around whenever you decide to come back and share more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Im trying to not spend excessive money with my big expenses all coming up! Thats probably part of it too

      Delete
  2. I feel like I've been slowing down lately, that my thoughts are had to get out in an actual post despite having some ideas. I'm going to try not to stress and try again next week. :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hit this point all the time. It really comes in waves for me. Sometimes I will be really into blogging and have so much to talk about, and sometimes I have nothing to say and it is almost physically painful to write anything. I too started posting a lot, twice a day every day! Just ridiculous. No idea how I kept that up at all. 3 posts a week is a good week for me.
    I also rarely comment on blogs now, but please know I am always reading :) (like a big stalker)
    Blogging is not what it used to be I don't think...but I still have days where I really love it.
    But I agree with Shanon - no stress! I used to be like OMG I haven't posted all week, everyone's going to be so disappointed in me - but eh, no one noticed except my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover