Monday, May 4, 2015

Casey Gets Fit(ter): Week 10

Weight: 143.4

Hello my bloggy friends!

Boo on me not seeing 142 lbs this week, but I made the mistake of buying this amazing peanut butter frozen yogurt...and well...was unable to stay on top of calorie count. Thankfully Cam polished it off over the weekend and I will NOT be bringing THAT back into my home (for the record, it was Chapman's Frozen Yogurt Crispy Peanut Butter Crunch).

I also thought I was going to be way off on my workouts this week. Tuesday I did weights and a 6km run, as I got out of work early so I had a whole glorious afternoon with sunny skies and empty paths and then the gym all to myself. I even managed a gym selfie since no one was around to judge me.


Please note- I don't usually wear running shorts and a head covering to the gym, but I had just come straight in from a run outside. These are my favourite running shorts and they are from Old Navy! I have 3 pairs. And I keep my scalp covered at all times when outdoors so the Buff is a must. You only have to burn your scalp once to learn never to make that mistake again.

Then I got super busy the rest of the week! Wednesday I went out to dinner at Warehouse on Queen with my friend Vee (though I did get a salad! go me!). Thursday I was out shopping with my friend Jeni (but I only had soup in the food court! go me again!). And Friday I was off at my dad's house to get my taxes done (yay tax refund! And dad made me chicken & veg for dinner so go me a third time!).

I am supposed to be running 2-3 times a week and lifting weights 3 days a week so this was not looking good. However I got up on Saturday and knocked out TWO back to back weight lifting workouts. And then Sunday I stretched out my poor abused muscles from Saturday's workout and ran 10km! It was a gorgeous weekend and would have been a shame to have not run at all. Thankfully my weight workouts are light on the legs so I was in good shape to run. There was a marathon in the area on Sunday so I was forced to go a different route along the waterfront, which has more tourists and traffic lights, but it was still a very enjoyable run!

Next weekend is the SportingLife 10K and I am super excited!! I love races and I get so pumped up. I need to find a few more to get me through the summer. I don't really have a goal for the 10K, as I haven't been too focused on speed, so I think I will just go out there and enjoy myself :).




4 comments:

  1. Lady, you look amazing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Also, Here's hoping it's a nice day next Sunday - it will be a lot less fun to run if it's raining

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great run on Sunday!. I'll look after Grandma for Mother's Day. xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover